Business and Economics
Regent's University London
For students whose present qualifications do not permit direct entry to the first year of BA (Hons) studies, we offer an integrated business foundation course, leading to entry to our BA (Hons) International Events Management.
The BA (Hons) International Events Management will equip you with essential knowledge and skills for all stages of the events management process, from conceptualising and planning projects, through venue selection, budgeting and marketing, to design, staging, and operations management.
The programme has four themes:
• Event operations
• Business and management
• Languages and culture
• Special studies
The international theme is underpinned by the optional study of a language and at least one term of study abroad. You will also complete 30 weeks of work experience.
Why should I choose this programme?
International events management is a fast-growing sector of the global marketing industry and managers need skills in handling people, projects and budgets, often across international boundaries.
This programme will equip you with the essential business and practical skills for a successful career in the international events industry.
You will learn to produce creative solutions under pressure and engage with specialists in planning and producing a wide range of events.
Key skills, aims and objectives
The Integrated Foundation aims to prepare you for entry into higher education, ensuring you possess the necessary knowledge, values, skills and competencies to undertake study at BA (Hons) level.
The programme is carefully designed to focus on the academic areas most useful to your future studies. We place great emphasis on encouraging you to reflect on your learning and to be increasingly self-motivated and self-critical. Assignments and examinations become progressively more challenging and demanding throughout the course.
By the end of the BA (Hons) International Events Management you will have gained:
The ability to develop and deliver projects, managing people, processes and budgets
- An understanding of the role of the international events industry in modern-day commerce
- The ability to apply essential business knowledge in economics, finance, human resources and law to the organisation of events
- Strong communication, organisational and marketing abilities
- An appreciation of the strategic use of events by many different organisations
- A perspective on the future development of the industry, the key issues and challenges, and your role within it
The programme is structured into four themes:
The event operations theme
provides the central and unifying core of the programme, and concentrates on exploring the events management industry and the range of approaches to service operations and management
The business and management theme
covers the essential business functions of marketing, human resource management and finance
The international theme
places the degree in the international realm by offering you exposure to other languages and cultures through optional foreign language study and a compulsory Study Period Abroad
Through a range of elective modules, the special studies for events managers theme offers you the chance to either extend your main studies in greater depth or to explore more specialised areas related to your potential career destination.
- Students starting from September 2013 will begin on Regent's University London validated degree programmes
- This degree is recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). In the final year of this programme, students are provided with access to CMI resources, and can apply for membership to the CMI on degree completion.
Requirements / Application
How to apply
- We require a minimum of five passes at GCSE/IGCSE level at grade C or above, including English and Maths. Other equivalent international qualifications as recommended by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre will be accepted
- For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, we require proof of English ability. This requirement may be waived if the last three years of the student's education were in English
Applying to study at RUL is a quick and easy process. We accept direct applications, have no formal application deadlines and there is no application fee.
You can apply in the following ways:
- Apply directly to us using the application form available on our website.
- Apply through UCAS at: www.ucas.com
You must also provide additional supporting documents.
For more information about entry requirements, application process, please refer to the BA (Hons) International Events Management with Integrated Foundation programme page.
Regent’s operates a rolling admissions policy and accepts applications year-round. The BA (Hons) International Events Management with Foundation begins in January and September.
Tuition / Fees
All students pay the same fee regardless of nationality.
Foundation level fees
Fees Autumn 2017
Annual tuition fee: £15,950
Registration fee: £250
Non-EU advance deposit: £2,000
Regent's offers a number of scholarships and bursaries to help with the cost of tuition fees. You can also apply for external loans, sponsorship, or other funding opportunities to help finance your studies.
Funding opportunities include:
Student Finance England
Loans and grants for a first degree for UK residents and EU nationals.
Visit our scholarships, bursaries and funding page for further information.
- Regent’s currently has 4,500 students; 3,300 undergraduate and 1,200 postgraduate.
- 142 nationalities represented amongst students.
- 10,300 Regent’s alumni in 145 countries across the world.
- 15:1 ratio of students to academic staff.
- 160 partner institutions in 28 countries worldwide.
- More than 300 Regent’s students take part in exchange programmes each year.
- 9 different languages available to study in addition to English.
Duration of study
1 + 3.5 year programme, divided into one year of Foundation studies and 3.5 years of BA (Hons) studies. There is also a fast track option, which reduces the length of Foundation studies to one term.
Successful completion of your foundation-level studies guarantees progression to the BA (Hons) International Business, BA (Hons) International Business & Chinese Studies or BA (Hons) International Events Management programmes.
The BA (Hons) International Business and BA (Hons) International Events Management programmes are 3.5 years long, while the BA (Hons) International Business & Chinese Studies is 4 years long. This means the total study time with foundation would be 4.5 and 5 years respectively.
Alternatively, you can choose to progress to the BA (Hons) Global Management with pathways degree. This degree is three years in length, so the total study time will be four years.
The multi-disciplinary nature, practical and international focus of this programme, along with its solid academic grounding will give you a crucial advantage in the eyes of future employers.
Our graduates have found a wide variety of work within the international events industry, creating and managing events in fashion, music and sport, as well as for high-profile retail and consumer brands.
Others have gone on to build careers in international hospitality, travel and tourism.
Other potential careers open to you include roles as account managers, marketing and PR managers and small business owners.
Our Careers & Business Relations team offers a wealth of information, advice and guidance to help you make the right decisions for your future:
Personalised careers guidance
- Career-coaching sessions
- Advice and support with starting your own business
- Employability skills workshops