Bachelor, Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
Internationale Ausrichtung, Sprachstudien, Philologie, Business
Regent's University London
Internationalism, innovation and employability are the key themes of this programme. You will develop a broad base of core business, management, intercultural and language skills which will equip you as a leader, strategist and decision maker of the future.
You have the option to complete a major in your main area of business interest, selecting from a range of relevant elective modules.
Languages and cross-cultural understanding are a very important feature of the degree. You will study either one or two languages, and spend two terms at one of our many partner institutions around the world.
In addition, significant periods of work experience during your studies will challenge you to test your learning in a variety of real-world business and cultural settings.
Why should I choose this programme?
This programme will give you an international and cross-cultural view of the business world, and enable you to develop the skills and approach to lead people in a complex and changing environment.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- The business, linguistic and intercultural skills essential for leading and managing people in different parts of the world
- An in-depth understanding of the culture, politics and economics of different societies
- The ability to think critically and creatively, solve problems and communicate effectively
- A sense of responsibility towards others and society at large
- A spirit of innovation and enterprise
To complete your degree, you can freely select from the wide range of elective modules available at all levels. You also have the option to specialise by declaring a major in your chosen area of expertise.
The majors available are:
- Digital Business
- Human Resource Management
- Management (general)
For a major you will complete a number of relevant elective modules and your Business Dissertation in your chosen area of study.
- Students starting from September 2013 will begin on Regent's University London validated degree programmes
- This degree is recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). In the final year of this programme, students are provided with access to CMI resources, and can apply for membership to the CMI on degree completion.
Requirements / Application
How to apply
- Students must have a minimum of three passes at GCE A-level at grade C or above, and five passes at GCSE/IGCSE level at grade C or above, including English and Maths. We also accept equivalent qualifications.
- For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, we require proof of English ability. This requirement may be waived if the last three years of the student's education were in English.
Applying to study at RUL is a quick and easy process. We accept direct applications, have no formal application deadlines and there is no application fee.
You can apply in the following ways:
- Apply online
- Apply directly to us using the application form available on our website
- Apply through UCAS at: www.ucas.com
- You must also provide additional supporting documents.
For more information about entry requirements, application process, please refer to the BA (Hons) International Business programme page
Regent’s operates a rolling admissions policy and accepts applications year-round. The International Business – BA (Hons) begins in January and September.
Tuition / Fees
Fees September 2017
Annual tuition fee: £16,400
Home/EU advance deposit: £500 (non-refundable)
Non-EU advance deposit: £4,000 (non-refundable)
Regent's offers a number of scholarships and bursaries to help with the cost of tuition fees. You can also apply for external loans, sponsorship, or other funding opportunities to help finance your studies.
Funding opportunities include:
Student Finance England
Loans and grants for a first degree for UK residents and EU nationals.
European Business School London International Scholarship
Two half-scholarships cover half the fees for one standard programme duration, and one full scholarship covers the full fees for a standard programme duration. Scholarships are awarded through a competition process. Available for specific programmes.
Each year the University offers a number of means tested bursaries for full-time study on undergraduate programmes to UK nationals and residents.
Visit our scholarships, bursaries and funding page for further information.
- Regent’s currently has 4,500 students; 3,300 undergraduate and 1,200 postgraduate.
- 142 nationalities represented amongst students.
- 10,300 Regent’s alumni in 145 countries across the world.15:1 ratio of students to academic staff.
- 160 partner institutions in 28 countries worldwide.
- More than 300 Regent’s students take part in exchange programmes each year.
- 9 different languages available to study in addition to English.
Duration of study
3.5 years, full time.
The diverse nature of the BAIB programme will prepare you for a career as a leader, manager, strategist or entrepreneur in many different sectors and in small, large, multinational or family-run businesses across the world.
All areas of the international business sector will be open to you, including management, finance, banking, IT, corporate governance, consultancy, strategy, retail, human resources, advertising and marketing.
Our Careers & Business Relations team offers a wealth of information, advice and guidance to help you make the right decisions for your future:
- Personalised careers guidance
- Career-coaching sessions
- Advice and support with starting your own business
- Employability skills workshops
- A series of employer and industry events throughout the year