Business Administration, Management
Ms. Raluca Modoiu
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
The MBA curriculum at HHL strives to combine the best of the American and European models of higher education by mixing American practicality with European theoretical rigor.
HHL’s Full-time MBA program focuses on leadership and international experience, applying an integrated management approach that not only combines different functional management areas but also offers a good mixture of (soft) management skills and (hard) management knowledge. The goal behind this approach is to prepare MBA participants best for the challenges that today’s globally attuned business leaders have to face. All courses are taught by highly qualified resident and international faculty who not only sharpen students’ analytical but also their interpersonal skills in areas such as communication, team management, project management and negotiation. Moreover, case studies, consulting projects and high-profile guest speakers ensure strong input from practice.
The MBA Program is especially appropriate for talented and ambitious participants seeking managerial positions within multinational corporations
During the final 3-months term, students may choose among 3 options:
- Internship with an international firm.
- Study abroad at one of HHL´s 100 international partner schools. The list of HHL partners include such prominent business schools such as the The University of Chicago´s Booth School of Business, Darthmouth College´s Tuck School of Business, the Indian Institute of Management and France´s HEC.
- Specialized studies supervised by an HHL professor.
Teamwork is both expected and encouraged by means of small classes and close and direct contact with professors. HHL´s innovative course on Managerial Leadership provides students with the chance to speak directly with several leading European and American business leaders.
Requirements / ApplicationOverview:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 180 ECTS
- Substantial postgraduate work experience
- Very good English skills (e.g. TOEFL)
For non native English speakers, proof of proficiency in oral and written English. This requirement may be satisfied by submitting evidence of a TOEFL score of 90 on the computer based test. Please ask if you wish to present other evidence of your English proficiency. The HHL code for this test is 0404.
- 3 years of postgraduate working experience
- Motivation letter
- Submission of two recommendation letters
- A GMAT score report (GMAT Test Information). To have your GMAT score sent to HHL directly, please use the code ZCB-P6-01.
- University degree certificate
- University transcript
Important DatesJanuary 31
- deadline for Early Bird rate
- non-EU candidates
- EU candidates and remaining non-EU candidates not requiring a German visa
The MBA program begins in early September and runs for 18 months including a three-month international management project, an exchange term abroad or further specialized studies.
Application deadline is June 30. Because of visa issues it is recommended that non-EU students apply no later than May 30.
Tuition / Fees
EUR 32,000 (whole MBA program/incl. term abroad)
EUR 29,000 (Early Bird rate)
Duration of study
Fast Track: 15 months
Advanced Track: Up to 21 months including an optional term abroad or an internship
All HHL students benefit from our established and very successful career placement service. We offer one of the best job placement programs in Germany.
HHL has a record of placing graduates with prominent international firms-including BASF, Bayer AG, Bertelsmann, BMW, Booz Allen & Hamilton, Boston Consulting Group, DaimlerChrysler, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, Ford, Henkel, KPMG, McKinsey, Monitor Company, Nestlé, Procter & Gamble, PWC Deutsche Revision, Roland Berger, Siemens and Volkswagen – as well as with many German Mittelstand companies.
30-40 students per class, average age: 29
70-80% international students