Master, Master of Science
Berufsbegleitendes Studium, Teilzeit Studium
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
The part-time Master in Management Program (M.Sc.) addresses Bachelor graduates with a background in business studies who would like to boost their careers with an M.Sc. from one of the leading business schools in Germany. In the Financial Times global Master in Management ranking HHL has been ranked #21 among Business Schools worldwide and #6 in Category Salary worldwide (2016).
The part-time program can be completed within 24-30 months depending on the workload on the job. The courses take place on 14-16 weekends at the chosen study location, complemented by four residential weeks at HHL campus Leipzig – one in the beginning, one at the end of each year. The part-time program is closely related to the ongoing full-time M.Sc. program and is taught entirely in English. Internationally renowned professors teach extended management skills and leadership competencies. HHL's M.Sc. program is characterized by a research-oriented profile while simultaneously bridging the gap to the practice of management. Finance, Accounting, Marketing Management, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship and Strategy are offered as fields of specialization. The students may also complete an additional term at one of HHL's over 130 partner universities. Moreover, the program provides the participants with excellent networking opportunities with HHL's extensive alumni network.
You can choose whether you want to study the program in Leipzig, Cologne or Munich. Your weekend courses take place at the chosen study location whereas the four complementary residential weeks always take place at HHL's main campus in Leipzig.
Program EmphasisCore Modules:
Ethics & HR
Finance, Accounting, Marketing Management, Logistic & Supply Chain Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Study Abroad – Advanced Management
Requirements / Application
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from a university with a minimum of 180 ECTS-credits or equivalent degree with above average results (less than 210 ECTS credits require you to take the pre-module)
- Min. of 3 months relevant practical experience
- HHL Entry Test (alternatively GMAT)
- TOEFL (to be submitted by the start of the program at the latest)
- Knowledge of a second modern foreign language (besides English and mother tongue)
As an applicant you have to hand in the following documents to be able to submit your application via http://study.hhl.de
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of general qualification for university entrance
- Current / final transcript of an above average Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration which is equivalent to min. 180 ECTS credits (less than 210 ECTS credits require you to take the pre-module)
- Portrait Photo
Further application documents (can be submitted during the application process):
- Proof of a minimum of 3 months relevant practical work experience
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Proof of very good skills in English (e.g. TOEFL of 96+ ibt) and basic knowledge in a second modern foreign language besides mother tongue
- HHL Entry Test (alternatively GMAT)
June 20 for start in September of the same year
HHL is using a rolling admission process. We strive to decide on your admission to the program within six weeks of receiving your application.
Tuition / Fees
EUR 27,500 for the entire program (incl. tuition fees for the optional term abroad as well as for catering during your courses at HHL)
Tax deductibility: Tuition and commuting or accommodation costs are usually tax deductible.
Loans: Students from the EU may finance their studies with subsidized loans available from Sparkasse Leipzig or Braincapital.
Scholarships: Scholarships are available to finance your studies. Therefore, HHL offers a Young Leader Scholarship and a Scholarship for Women in Business. Student loans are available as well. See www.hhl.de/scholarships
Duration of study
24-30 moths + optional term abroad
Courses take place on 14-16 weekends over a two-year period at the chosen study location (Leipzig, Cologne or Munich)
4 residential weeks at HHL campus Leipzig – 1 in the beginning, 1 at the end of each year.