The ESMT Master of Business Administration is a one-year, full-time international management MBA program that runs from January to December. Focus areas include technology and innovation management, global sustainable business and entrepreneurship. Courses are taught in English at ESMT’s campus in Berlin, Germany. ESMT accepts up to 70 talented professionals who on average have 6,5 years of work experience and are 30 years old. The ESMT MBA cohort is one of Germany’s most diverse student bodies, hailing from over 30 countries and a wide range of professional and study backgrounds.
ESMT is accredited
by German, European, and US accrediting bodies (triple-accredited). This ensures a high-quality educational experience and a degree with a
solid reputation throughout the world.
ESMT currently holds rankings
in a number of publications, including appearances in the Financial Times, The Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek and Handelsblatt.
Requirements / Application
To be considered for the ESMT international MBA program, students need to have:
- At least three years of professional, postgraduate experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong GMAT or GRE scores
non-native English speakers, TOEFL scores (95 minimum) or equivalent;
please ask our admissions office whether you qualify for a TOEFL waiver
based on your professional or academic exposure to English
- Completed online application
- Personal interview on campus or by Skype
ESMT’s MBA is a 12-month program
. Classes begin in January and finish in December of each year. The next MBA intake starts on January 7
Tuition / Fees
MBA tuition: € 43,500
* These fees include the cost of books and cases. They do not include accommodation, travel to and from the optional international field seminar and Global Network exchanges
ESMT’S MBA is an excellent and affordable investment in your future. On average, graduates earn more
than double the tuition fees during their first year of employment
after the MBA. Most candidates fund their studies with a mix of personal
funds, loans, and scholarships.
ESMT’s MBA scholarship program helps make your goal of an international business career a reality. Supported by its 25 corporate founders,
ESMT offers a number of partial-tuition scholarships for MBA
applicants. Every year, there are also a limited number of prestigious
full-tuition scholarships available.
Scholarships are allocated based on academic excellence, personal and
professional achievement, particularly strong leadership potential, and
superior interpersonal skills. MBA scholarships are restricted to
self-funded candidates and are applied directly to the applicant’s
To receive a scholarship, MBA candidates first fill out an online application to the MBA program. All applicants to the MBA program are automatically considered for any available scholarships.
Duration of study
12 months from January to December
Career PerspectiveCareer placement:
- 83% of the class of 2015 had a job offer three months after graduation
- € 91,797 (USD 101,383) was the average salary, including year-end bonuses
- 14% were awarded a Responsible Leader Fellowship
- 7% of our graduates started their own business directly after finishing the program
- Top industries were technology, consulting, and energy