Business Administration, Internationale Ausrichtung, Management
Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht (HWR) Berlin
Berlin Professional School
Badensche Str. 52
The study programme has a length of 15 months and is divided into three semesters: In the first semester (September – January) core courses are being taught, the second semester (February – June) contains advanced, specialization and elective courses. During both of the first two semesters seminars for the development of leadership skills are held as well as study visits and practical guest lectures. The third semester is reserved for the thesis which is performed as a company project. All modules together are worth a total of 90 credits points.
Coping with a Complex Environment
Political Legal Environment and Corporate Social Responsibility
Managerial Economics in International Business
Managing Core Processes
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Business Information Systems and Quantitative Methods
Managing Human ResourcesStrategic Human Resource ManagementOrganizational Change and Leadership
Accounting and Managing ValueFinancial AccountingManagerial Accounting
5. Managing Financial Accounting
6. Managing Marketing
7. Formulating StrategyStrategic ManagementApplied Decision Making: European Business Simulation Game
8. Developing your Leadership PersonlityCareer Optimization (TMS)Cross-Cultural ManagementPresentation TechniquesTeam Building1 Elective Seminar, i.e.: Negotiating across Cultures or Assertiveness
9. Specialization Module IInternational ManagementEuropean Management Project - European Study Visit (Poland)
10. Specialization Module IIDoing Business in Asia (Hong Kong) or Transatlantic Management Project or Specialization Elective
11. Specialization Elective Module I+II, e.g.International FinanceInternational MarketingConsulting & Supply Chain ManagementEntrepreneurship and SME ManagementProblem Solving 2.0
13. Master´s ThesisResearch Methods & Master´s Thesis: Company ProjectOral Defense
On the MBA in European-Asian Management the standard core courses in an international MBA programme have been extended to include key aspects of economic development in Europe and Asia. The programme sets out to provide students with particular skills so much in demand for executive managements tasks in the many multinational / global companies doing business with and in Asia.
To mainstream the crucial aspect of an European-Asian exchange of experience throughout the programme, all courses focus on and explore the intercultural perspective. The students are given the specialist business skills and socio-cultural and linguistic competences needed to successfully undertake executive business tasks in an international context.
Voraussetzungen / Zulassung
If you are seeking entry to the MBA in European-Asian Management you shall be required to meet the following prerequisites:
- Completed university degree in the field of economics or in another subject (university, FH or BA degree)
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- very good knowledge of English (reference to TOEFL internet based 103 points, IELTS 6,5 points)
Applicants who meet all of the admission requirements will be selected by the Academic Board and invited to an interview.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, due to the limited number of available study places (25) for each programme, we strongly suggest candidates to apply early.
Applicants from Non-European countries should consider the time necessary in having visa processed (appriox. 4-6 months).
Please note that only complete applications can be processed.
Kosten und Gebühren
A fee of 17,800 EUR is charged for the MBA degree awarded by the HWR Berlin (payable in three instalments). The fees cover:
- all study courses
- cost of registration, tuition, assessments and final examination
- study material (student reader, hand-outs, books)
- logistical support
- all administrative costs
Dauer des Studiums
This full-time MBA programme takes 15 months in total.
The programme begins in September and ends in November of the following year with the official graduation ceremony.
The MBA in European-Asian Management specifically addresses junior executive managers with at least two years work experience, an average age of 28 years and an interest in acquiring the managerial skills to perform higher executive management tasks for international business activities within the Asian-European economic areas.
The students on this MBA programme come roughly equally from Asian and western countries and have already gained initial experience in responsible positions in industry and commerce.