Master, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Business & Management
Accounting & Finance
Taught by professionals with extensive industry experience and high academic qualifications, the MSc Finance with Specialisations will prepare you for work in multicultural, globalised financial and banking organisations.
The programme offers three specialisations:
- Risk Management
You will gain a thorough understanding of the various fields that make up the finance industry, as well as learning practical skills for your future career.
We simulate the real-life experience of working in finance through training on the Thomson-Reuters platform, and guest lectures from industry specialists. We also use case studies of current live companies of interest, and you will participate in a case study competition, where your final valuation is presented to a panel of experts.
You will look at how the theory and research you study applies to today’s reality, by discussing topical issues, such the eurozone crisis, considering a range of different perspectives, its causes, and potential solutions.
Program EmphasisModules Term 1
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Valuation
- Investment Analysis
- Research Methods
- Bank Risk Management
- Monetary Policy and Central Bank Operations
In addition, you will choose a specialisation with one of the following elective modules:
- Banking Regulation (banking specialisations)
- Bond Markets and Credit Derivatives (risk management specialisations)
- Trading and Hedge Funds (trading specialisations)
Requirements / ApplicationAcademic requirements
A minimum of a lower-second class (2:2) UK honours undergraduate degree or its international equivalent from a recognised institution. Other equivalent international qualifications as recommended by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre will be accepted. If you are unsure as to the comparability of your qualification, please contact us.
Your undergraduate degree must be in a business, financial, mathematical or analytical subject.Exceptional entry
We welcome applications from candidates who do not meet the essential entry criteria outlined above. In order to be accepted for exceptional entry, you must:
- Hold a minimum of two years’ managerial work experience
- Provide a 1000-word personal statement outlining your reasons for applying, and how your previous experience is of relevance to the programme you are applying for
- Be prepared to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel
Please contact us for further information on applying through this route: firstname.lastname@example.orgEnglish requirements
For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, we require a recent pass in any of the following qualifications:
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, grade C
- GCSE/IGCSE English, grade C (for non-EU IGCSE students, please provide along with the IGCSE certificate, the Supplementary Certifying Statement with the breakdown of component grades)
- IB Diploma English A grade 5 or above HL or SL. English B grade 5 at HL
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with an overall score of 6.5 (for non-EU students: a minimum score of 5.5 in each component)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 90 (internet-based test) (TOEFL results not accepted post 17 April 2014 for non EU/UK students)
- Pearson Test (PTE Academic) with an average score of 58 (for non-EU Students: a minimum score of 51 in each component)
- Trinity College London Level 1 Certificate in ESOL Skills for life (B2): a pass in reading, listening, speaking, writing (applicable to non-EU and EU students)
- Trinity College London Level 2 Certificate in ESOL Skills for life (C1): a pass in reading, listening, speaking, writing (applicable to non-EU and EU students)
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English II (B2): a pass in reading, listening, speaking, writing (applicable to non-EU and EU students)
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive; for more information about other accepted English language qualifications, please contact us.
Students who require an international student visa to study in the UK and whose native language is not English, are also be required to meet specific grade requirements and conditions of study as stipulated by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). Please check their website for current information: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigrationOn-campus diagnostic test
If you live in London, or are able to visit us, we can offer you a free English diagnostic test.
This test is offered through Regent's Institute of Languages & Culture
and should be arranged in advance. Please note, this is a diagnostic test for Regent’s University London only.
Tuition / Fees
Tuition fees are set for the University’s financial year which runs from 1 August to 31 July. Annual fees for students commencing studies in spring will span financial years. Spring and autumn fees will be invoiced at the rate applicable for that term.Fees September 2017
Full tuition fee: £17,300
Home/EU advance deposit: £500 (non-refundable)
Non-EU advance deposit: £4,000 (non-refundable)
Possible scholarships Regent's University London
Duration of study
This is a one-year, full time programme
This programme will give you the essential preparation for a career in the diverse world of finance. Whether you aspire to become a private wealth manager in the City of London, a risk analyst on Wall Street or a treasurer in your family business, the MSc will give you the rigorous academic and practical training you need to succeed.