Master, Master of Science
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
The English-language Master in Management Program (M.Sc.) at HHL was ranked among the top of its kind in Germany according to the latest Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking and has been ranked #17 among Business Schools worldwide and #2 in Category Salary in Europe (2015). The program provides a basis for future management tasks and covers a wide variety of economic topics. Building on a Bachelor's degree in economics, HHL attaches particular importance to teaching soft skills - courses such as Problem Solving & Communication, Negotiation or International Management Competencies represent an inherent part of the training. The 21 to 24-month full-time program offers eight fields of specialization in Finance, Accounting, Marketing Management, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Advanced Economics and Advanced General Management. By choosing four electives the students can set a topical focus on the career for which they are aspiring. In addition to a term abroad at one over 120 universities partnered with HHL, the curriculum of the program also encompasses an mandatory internship. Excellent business contacts as well as a professional Career Service provide top career opportunities for the alumni. Students can enroll for this program in spring (March) or fall (September).
Program EmphasisCore Modules:
Ethics & Governance
Finance, Accounting, Marketing Management, Logistic & Supply Chain Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Advanced Economics, Advanced General Management
Requirements / Application
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from a university with a minimum of 180 ECTS-credits or equivalent degree with above average results
- Min. of 3 months relevant practical experience
- Three or more months of relevant practical work experience
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- TOEFL (to be submitted by the start of the program at the latest)
- Knowledge of a second modern foreign language (besides English and mother tongue)
Your online application at http://www.hhl.de/
should contain the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of general qualification for university entrance
- Current / final transcript of an above average Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration which is equivalent to min. 180 ECTS credits (less than 210 ECTS credits require you to take the pre-module)
- Proof of a minimum of 3 months relevant practical work experience
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Proof of very good skills in English (e.g. TOEFL of 96+ ibt) and basic knowledge in a second modern foreign language besides mother tongue
June 20 for start in September of the same year and January 15 for start in March. Prospective students from non-EU countries must apply until May 30 / November 15 due to visa processing time.
Admission test day: Several admission test days are offered at HHL throughout the year. For current information please visit www.hhl.de/msc
Tuition / Fees
Tuition: EUR 25,000 for the entire program (incl. tuition fees for the term abroad)
Tax deductibility: Tuition and commuting or accommodation costs are usually tax deductible.
Loans: Students from the EU may finance their studies with subsidized loans available from Sparkasse Leipzig.
Scholarships: HHL offers four scholarships that support HHL's mission to "educate effective and responsible business leaders through excellence in teaching, research and practice." The scholarships will provide successful applicants with a tuition waiver that covers EUR 15,000 of the tuition of the full-time M.Sc. Program. See www.hhl.de/scholarships
Duration of study
21-24 months (including term abroad and internship)
Double Degree Option