Bachelor, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
The degree is designed to last six semesters.
In the first four semesters, you take basic modules in management, mathematics, law and economics. Later on, you have the opportunity to apply this theoretical knowledge in team-based research projects and/or projects for real companies.
The third semester is spent at the TUM Campus in Garching, where the various technical subjects within the digital technologies specialization are taught.
As part of your degree, you also take the modules International Experience and Communication Skills. These modules give you the chance to acquire soft skills, improve your language skills and gain experience abroad. You can also spend a whole semester abroad during your degree. The sixth semester is mainly dedicated to writing the Bachelor's thesis.
Possible electives in management and technology
Modules offered by academic departments of TUM School of Management:
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Marketing, Strategy & Leadership
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Economics, Law & Policy
Additional electives offered only in Heilbronn
- Management in Family Businesses
- Management in Digital Transformation
Management, digital technologies
Requirements / Application
- an Abitur (university entrance qualification) or equivalent
- an additional application via uni-assist if you obtained your university entrance qualification in a country other than Germany
- All applicants, who wish to apply for a degree program at a German university with a Chinese, Vietnamese or Indian school or university degree need a certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle, APS).
Application period: May 15 – July 15 each year
Tuition / Fees
No fee but Student Union contribution
Duration of study
The Bachelor's program in Management and Technology (TUM-BWL) gives you the flexibility and interdisciplinary skills you need to work for a technology company at the interface of your two specializations, in the various areas of business administration (e.g. Marketing, Audit), or as a generalist, for example, in a management consulting firm.
We support your career planning with events involving our corporate partners, special training in completing job applications, and our Talent Pool – an online tool where you upload a personal profile that can then be viewed by potential employers.
TUM Management Alumni e.V. is a network of graduates, undergraduates and other friends and sponsors of TUM School of Management. It organizes various events that help you stay in contact with other members and fellow students and expand your professional network. Members of TUM Management Alumni e.V. maintain close links with companies, giving you the opportunity to get in touch with potential employers.