Global Online MBA
General Management, Innovation, Leadership, Technology
The ESMT Berlin Global Online MBA is designed to teach you everything that a modern decision-maker needs to be a successful leader. Technology and innovation are at the core of this highly flexible program that leads to a globally-recognized, triple-accredited ESMT Berlin MBA.
What to expect
The Global Online MBA is one of its kind in the European market. It is designed so you can continue working full-time while gaining the knowledge and competencies to support your personal and professional development.
The program has a unique and innovative curriculum structure that groups together courses to give you complementary - but distinct - perspectives on key business issues. For example, the three courses in Module 1 will help you make wiser decisions under uncertainty. You will learn how to apply quantitative techniques to decision making, how to address organizational issues that can prevent effective decision making, and how to evaluate the implications of managerial decision making.
The combination of an integrated approach with online-first design enables us to plan every moment of your learning journey. The result is that over the course of the Global Online MBA program you will learn everything that a modern decision-maker needs to be a successful leader.
Course materials, including mini-lectures and interactive activities, are built into all modules to allow studying at your own pace. The interactive sessions, assignments, and projects are available any time on the Hub to fit into your schedule. All courses contain a mixture of group and independent study, and assessment will take place throughout each module through a series of assignments and projects. Expect to devote 15 hours per week to your studies during each module.
The fully online study program is delivered on the world's most innovative virtual learning platform by ESMT's world class faculty. And our membership in the Future of Management Education (FOME) alliance guarantees your access to the world’s most innovative online learning environment.
Before submitting your application for the Global Online MBA, you must meet all of the following admission requirements:
Requirements / Application
- Three years of postgraduate professional experience
- An undergraduate degree (with accompanying grade overview) or equivalent qualification in any discipline
- Scores from either the GMAT, GRE or ESMT’s admission test are optional but encouraged from students with a non-quantitative or non-business background, and may be requested by the Admissions Committee. ESMT’s GMAT code is H4D-SJ-99 or simply search for ESMT by name. Our Designated Institution (DI) code for the GRE is 7768.
- English proficiency test scores
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum), PTE score (64 minimum), IELTS score (7 minimum) or other English proficiency tests are accepted. ESMT Berlin accepts MyBest™ scores for the TOEFL iBT® test, in addition to TOEFL iBT scores from a single test date. The ESMT TOEFL institution code is 8707.
- If English is your native language or you earned a university degree exclusively taught in English you do not need to take an English proficiency test.
- If you have worked in an English speaking country or an organization whose language of communication was English for 12 months or more the English proficiency test requirement may be waived.
- A strong command of the English language should also be demonstrated in the admission interview.
- Personal data
- Your academic and professional background + your CV
- One essay and a 2-min video essay upload
- Two recommendations
- Your English proficiency test scores
- Copies of your university transcripts
- €50 application fee
- An interview (per video call), should you move on in the process
The program will start on January 23, 2023.
- September 25, 2022: Early application deadline. Applications received by this date will be eligible for a €2,000 tuition discount.
- January 8, 2023: Final application deadline. Applications received after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis; entry for January 2023 cannot be guaranteed.
The tuition and fees for the Global Online MBA are €28,000, which includes access to the learning platform and content and required case study licenses. You will also receive a Smart Certificate that you can use to share your verified achievement with employers and social media. Smart Certificates will be awarded for each of Modules 0-4, and the overall MBA program.
Tuition / Fees
Early application discount
For students who apply by the early application deadline, the deposit (which covers the non-refundable enrolment and Module 0 fee) is reduced by €2,000. The first payment will thus be €2,000 instead of €4,000.
It is not possible to combine the early application discount with payment in full; you can, however, combine this offer with payment over two installments, or with payment by module.
Financing tip! Should you qualify for the tuition discounts above, your Global Online MBA could cost less than €1,000 per month when dividing the remaining tuition across the 24 months of the program.
We are pleased to offer you three different ways to pay your remaining tuition (tuition less deposit) for the Global Online MBA.
1: Payment in full: If you decide to pay in full when the program starts your tuition will be reduced by 15% to €23,800. Note that this offer cannot be combined with the early application discount.
2: Pay over two installments: When paying over installments, tuition is reduced by 5% to €26,600. The first installment of €11,300 will be due when the program starts, while the remaining balance (€11,300) will become due one year later. These amounts will not change.
3: Pay by module: For the greatest financial flexibility, you can pay by module. While ESMT reserves the right to increase the per module fee, your tuition will be fixed for the entire program once you apply.
Many countries allow tuition for higher education, and related costs, to count as tax-deductible expenses. You can learn more about the requirements in Germany, for example, here. Please check with your tax advisor to assess your personal situation.
Possible deductions might include:
- Tuition fees
- Travel required by the program
- Temporary housing expenses
- Cost of prep courses - English, special courses, etc.
Duration: 24 - 60 months (flexible)
Duration of study
Study method: 90% self-paced; 10% live