Master, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Luxury Management, Management, Marketing, Sales / Vertrieb, Strategy
On the Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.), you will acquire robust management expertise and explore marketing, sales, and strategies in the luxury industry. You will also have many opportunities to pursue your personal interests and develop your personal profile: In the second semester, you can take part in a business excursion to Paris or Milan. In your third semester, you can choose an elective module, do an internship in the luxury sector, or spend a semester abroad at a partner university with a program in Luxury and Fashion Management.
While studying for your Master’s degree in Luxury Management (M.Sc.), you will delve deeper each semester into the luxury industry, luxury brands, and luxury products, acquiring ever-increasing know-how. A variety of important topics await you, such as:
- Luxury Management: You will gain a broad understanding of what makes luxury brands, luxury products, and luxury services different, and learn how to position, market, sell, and strategically manage them.
- Management Principles in a Luxury Context: You will acquire in-depth knowledge of marketing, finance, and compliance, which are particularly relevant when working with brands in the luxury sector.
- Advanced Management Essentials: You will acquire critical leadership-oriented management skills to lead projects and teams and to manage companies in a future-oriented and agile manner.
- Intercultural & Language Skills: Students without German language proficiency will build up their skills in curricular German courses in the first and second semesters. If you are already proficient in German, you will prepare yourself for a global environment in the Intercultural Competence module and develop your linguistic skills in a further foreign language.
- Research Methods & Empirical Skills: As a Master of Science, this program has a profound scientific foundation. You will learn to appreciate how research informs business-related decisions and acquire a portfolio of specific methods to gather and analyze your data.
Requirements / Application
To be admitted to the Master’s study program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) at Hochschule Fresenius, you need to fulfil the following requirements:
- You must have completed a Bachelor’s study program with at least 180 credit points.
- In your Bachelor’s degree, you must have gained 60 credit points in the fields of business or economics.
- Your English language skills must be equivalent to Level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages.
You haven’t completed your Bachelor’s degree yet? At Hochschule Fresenius, you can start your Master’s program and finish your Bachelor’s program at the same time, provided you have attained at least 80 percent of the credit points by the time of enrollment. In addition, Bachelor’s students at Hochschule Fresenius will only pay the monthly Master’s tuition fees when starting the Master’s program.
Program start: Winter semester
Application time: possible all year round
Tuition / Fees
880,00 € monthly + 70,00 € per month (non-EU)
Duration of study
The international, practice-oriented Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.) provides you with specialized management skills in the luxury industry and combines them with comprehensive knowledge of marketing, sales, and strategies for luxury brands and products. After completing your Master’s degree, you will have everything you need to start a successful career in the luxury sector. Find out more here about the opportunities that await you.
During the Master’s program in Luxury Management (M.Sc.), you will acquire a broad portfolio of marketing tools and learn to apply them to create a coherent, tailored marketing mix for luxury brands, goods, and services. You will gain an understanding of how to influence the product and service development process from both a financial and strategic perspective. You will also learn how to define the diverse nature of the luxury sector and specialize within a particular product category by applying general knowledge to the relevant, and unique, luxury context.
By the time you graduate, you will have the know-how to launch a successful career with companies in all luxury sectors or other organizations and institutions. The program prepares you for many roles, including:
- Product manager
- Brand manager
- Retail buyer
- PR manager
- Sales force manager
- Key account manager
- Category manager
- Sales representative
- Communication manager
- E-retail manager
Master’s graduates also have the option of pursuing a doctorate.