Master, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Informationstechnologie / IT, Management, Sustainability
MSc. Andreas Niedermeier
Master Sustainable Management and Technology
TUM Campus Straubing
Increasing social interest in sustainability-oriented business, changes in consumer behavior toward renewable and regenerative products, and political agreements and regulations with stricter environmental and climate targets have created a market where companies are now, more than ever, in demand to master the technological change toward climate-neutral and sustainable resource and technology management.
This structural change requires specialists with a business education based on sustainable concepts as well as knowledge in: energy and process technology, biotechnology, and material sciences in order to be able to redesign internal company production processes towards resource-saving and sustainable supply chains. This also includes approaches to circular economy. The aim is to develop holistic approaches for the comprehensive use of renewable raw materials and waste, and to be able to evaluate and optimize these in terms of their benefits. In addition, a global perspective is necessary, since companies are in international competition and should be enabled to contribute to the achievement of global sustainability goals.
The interdisciplinary master’s program in Sustainable Management and Technology bridges the gap between business and technical areas of enterprise. Additionally, it trains the leaders of tomorrow’s sustainable economy to understand and shape entrepreneurial developments and their impact on society and the economy in the necessary depth and complexity.
Upon completion of this program our graduates will
- be innovative experts for solutions to sustainability issues in management context
- be able to analyze management decisions and their effects from a technical and scientific perspective
- be problem-solvers for complex business issues
- be responsible leaders
- be leaders in a global world
Requirements / Application
To be eligible for the Master in Sustainable Management and Technology, an application must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (requiring at least 6 semesters of study) or equivalent in technology and management-oriented business administration, bioeconomics, business administration, economics, or another related study field.
- Have successfully completed various modules (see details here).
- be able to prove that they are proficient in the English language at the time of application (see details here).
Important DatesApplication period
April 1 – May 31 (for winter semester start)
November 1 – 30 (for summer semester start)
Tuition / Fees
Duration of study