Master, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Enrich your management skills with your passion for technology
With the Master in Management & Technology, we created a program that gives you an outstanding education in management as well as profound skills in engineering or natural sciences at one of Europe’s top technical universities.
Why combine management studies with technology?
Decision-makers with a high level of responsibility regularly face challenges that reach beyond strictly managerial issues. Having knowledge of how technological development and production processes are designed enables managers to assess the situation and make sound decisions accordingly. Furthermore, the strict separation of different departments within a company is dissolving. A solid understanding of how your colleagues in distinctive fields work and think will be key to successful leadership and performance on the job. The program’s unique combination empowers you to drive innovation and perform tasks at the interface of management and technology – and thus prepares you for your future professional life.
The program is designed to meet you at your current academic stage. Regardless of whether you already have an interdisciplinary background gained through a degree combining management and technology or if you are rooted in pure management studies – you will be equally prepared to reach the same goal: Become a skilled business leader with a profound understanding of technical knowledge.
The core of the program lies within the two areas of Management and Technology. Both include different specialization options to choose from. At the beginning of your studies, you select one out of seven specializations currently offered in the Management area. The same goes for the area of Technology: depending on your previously gained knowledge, you can choose from six different specialization options. Students with an existing technical understanding from their acquired Bachelor’s degree can deepen their knowledge in this area (major) or if you don’t have any previous knowledge in Technology, the program allows you to gain basic skills in your selected Technology option (minor).
Requirements / Application
The minimum requirements for an application to the Master in Management and Technology are:
- a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (at least 140 ECTS at the time of application) in Management and Technology, Management, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or a comparable program.
- 25 ECTS in management
- 10 ECTS in economics
- and 15 ECTS in engineering or natural science (mathematics, statistics & informatics classes included)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Additional application via uni-assist if you have not obtained your Bachelor´s degree in the European Union (as well as Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland)
- All applicants, who wish to apply for a degree program at a German university with a Chinese, Vietnamese or Indian school or university degree need a certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle, APS).
- Additionally, a GMAT score of at least 640 if you obtained your bachelor's degree in the following countries: China, India, Pakistan, Egypt, and Bangladesh.
Important DatesApplication period
April 1 – May 31 (for winter semester start)
or November 1 – 30 (for summer semester start)
Tuition / Fees
Duration of study
Career PerspectiveUpon completion of this program our graduates will
- be experts in linking engineering or natural science and management.
- have expert business knowledge in their field of specialization.
- be problem-solvers for complex business issues.
- be responsible leaders.
- be leaders in a global world.