Master, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Big Data, Finance, Information Systems, Innovation, Management
Program Manager, M.Sc. Finance & Information Management
Study the unique combination of finance and information management
This master´s program offers you the chance to study the unique combination of finance and information management, which enables you to develop your own ideas and connects you with businesses, non-profit organizations, and start-up capital.
You will learn how to push current finance and digital technologies forward and how to handle big data while integrating technology and entrepreneurship. Workshops and hands-on projects with our large network of business partners are also a crucial part of FIM. On top of that, an international and attractive study atmosphere with small classes and, individual and private mentoring creates the best possible support for you.
Gain insights into the current development in digital finance, manage digital transformation and disruption, apply data processing, analysis and preparation techniques or design the power grid of the future. The wide range of courses guarantees an excellent academic and professional education. Moreover, this multifaceted approach allows to prepare for a unique, interdisciplinary career in responsible and challenging positions.
The Master in Finance & Information Management (FIM) is designed for excellent and outstanding talents, who completed a bachelor’s degree in Economics or Social Sciences, Industrial Engineering, Business & Informations Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics including Financial and Business Mathematics, Statistics or related study fields.
Requirements / Application
To be eligible for the Master in Finance and Information Management, an application must meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (requiring at least 6 semesters of study) or equivalent in Economics or Social Sciences, Industrial engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics including financial and business mathematics, Statistics or another related study field.
- Have successfully completed modules worth at least 5 ECTS in Scientific Writing in the context of a bachelor thesis, a project, a scientific paper or a comparable paper.
- Additionally, a GMAT score of at least 640 if you obtained your bachelor's degree in the following countries: China, India, Pakistan, Egypt, and Bangladesh.
- Applicants must also be able to prove that they are proficient in the English language at the time of application. In addition to accepted English language proficiency certificates across TUM study programs, applicants can prove their English language knowledge with a previous university degree that was taught and assessed in English entirely or at least 12 ECTS thereof. The 12 ECTS can include courses and/or your final thesis. Please use this form only in case the 12 ECTS rule applies to you.
Important DatesAdmission period:
Start of program
- 1st application period from January 1 – March 15
- 2nd application period March 16 – May 31
: winter semester
Tuition / Fees
Duration of study
Career PerspectiveUpon completion of this program our graduates will:
- be experts in linking finance, digitalization, and innovation
- have expert knowledge in recognizing potentials and trends
- be problem-solvers for complex business issues
- be responsible leaders in a global world
- be innovators by identifying future-oriented new (digital) business models
- be key figures in digital transformation processes with an entrepreneurial mindset to define innovative strategies and achieve goals