Master, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Business & Economics, Finance, Management, Wirtschaftswissenschaften
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Combine corporate finance expertise with profound management skills by joining HHL’s Master in Finance. We take you beyond standard thinking of short-run financial performance and company value maximization. Instead, we strengthen your abilities to critically reflect and to arrive at well-informed business decisions. Providing our students with competencies of sustainable impact is at HHL‘s heart of mind.
Five reasons why you should choose HHL’s Master in Finance
- Connect strategy and finance: Our program is unique. On one hand, we will turn you into an expert on Corporate Finance, Asset Pricing and Data Analytics, on the other wie build up your management competencies and strategy skills. Combining excellence in finance with entrepreneurial thinking and an open mind for innovation is at the heart of our program. Join us and experience how this setting sets you on track to becoming a business leader of the future.
- Discuss with professionals and put concepts into practice: Our philosophy is to match academic excellence with key insights on practical challenges. There is no better way to gain such insights than by exchanging with experienced guest lectures from venture capital, private equity, investment banking, financial management consulting or corporate divisions like corporate finance, M&A and business development. Beyond that, you get the opportunity to apply your acquired expertise instantly during our student consulting project and potential internship.
- Develop your career with our award-winning support: Our renowned career service supports you in discovering and unfolding your individual potential right from the start. We advise you individually on career paths, applications, or interview preparation. Additionally, we bring top recruiters form leading consulting firms to companies in the financial sector to international corporations or startups to the campus to give you a head start in the career you desire. Being Germany´s #1 in starting salaries and constantly ranking among the best business schools for career services proves us right.
- Develop your intercultural skills: We live in an increasingly globalized world and we firmly believe that international competencies are essential for future leaders. Therefore we place great emphasis on the development of your intercultural skills. All our classes are taught in English and consist of 33 % international students from all over the world. You will be working with interesting classmates from various cultural backgrounds. Furthermore, a term abroad at one of our more than 140 partner universities is integrated into the curriculum at no additional cost. you can even complte a double degree (Please note this will extend your studies and incur an addtional fee).
- Experience the famous HHL spirit: At this point we prefer to let our alumni speak. Here is what Irene Klemm, co-founder of Edurino and Ex-BCG consultant, says about the HHL spirit: "The HHL spirit is undoubtedly something that makes HHL very special. It is determined by a strong cohesion, a close community, and often friendships." Due to our constant effort to foster our community, we have built a tight-knit network of loyal alumni and passionate supporters alls over the world. As a student of HHL, you become part of it and get to interact with succesful entrepreneurs, leading international managers and top-class experts.
Requirements / Application
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other business-related programs, e.g. Business Informatics, Business Psychology, Business Law, Economics, Industrial Engineering etc. (with a minimum of 180 credits, of which 40 – 60 credits in business-related subjects)
- Above average academic performance during both high-school (Abitur) and Bachelor degree
- A GMAT (GRE) score of at leats 600 or HHL Entry Test (our GMAT code is ZCB-P6-03, our GRE code is 4061)
- A minimum TOEFL score of 90 (or IELTS of 7.0) or a Bachelor degree completed in English
- 3 or more months of professional experience by the program’s start date
Important DatesStart: September
- November 30: Early Bird 1 – Tuition fee: EUR 31,400
- January 31: Early Bird 2 – Tuition fee: EUR 32,900
- March 31: Early Bird 3 - Tuition fee: EUR 34,400
- May 31: Final deadline for international (non-EU) applicants – Tuition fee EUR 35,900/li>
- June 30: final deadline for EU applicants and non-EU applicants not requiring a visa to Germany – Tuition fee EUR 35,900
Due to our limited capacities, it is beneficial to submit your application at your earliest possible convenience.
Tuition / Fees
The tuition fees for the complete program amount to EUR 35,900
. We offer a tuition fee reduction if you submit your complete application by the following Early Bird deadlines*:
- Early Bird 1: November 30 – Discount: EUR 4,500
- Early Bird 2: January 31 – Discount: EUR 3,000
- Early Bird 3: March 31 – Discount: EUR 1,500
This covers all tuition and examination costs and includes the tuition fees for the term abroad at one of our partner universities. And, of course, the fees do not have to be paid in one lump sum. You will pay your tuition fees in four installments – spread out over two years.
In order to receive the early bird discount, you must have submitted your application by the above deadlines, as well as submit all missing documents and tests (including GMAT/GRE or HHL Entry Test) and successfully pass the HHL admissions interview until January 31 (Early Bird 1), March 31 (Early Bird 2) or June 30 (Early Bird 3).
Possible scholarships HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Duration of study