Master, Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Business & Economics, Management, Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Berufsbegleitendes Studium, part-time study
Köln, Leipzig, München
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
The part-time Master in Management Program (M.Sc.) addresses Bachelor graduates with a background in business studies who would like to boost their careers with an M.Sc. from one of the leading business schools in Germany. In the Financial Times global Master in Management ranking HHL has been ranked #24 among Business Schools worldwide and #6 for career service and #6 for graduate´s salaries worldwide (2019).
The part-time program can be completed within 24-30 months depending on the workload on the job. The courses take place on 14-16 weekends at the chosen study location, complemented by four residential weeks at HHL campus Leipzig – one in the beginning, one at the end of each year. The part-time program is closely related to the ongoing full-time M.Sc. program and is taught entirely in English. Internationally renowned professors teach extended management skills and leadership competencies. HHL's M.Sc. program is characterized by a research-oriented profile while simultaneously bridging the gap to the practice of management. In order to set a focus, the following fields of specialization are offered: Strategic Management, Financial Decision Making and Transformation Management. The students may also complete an additional term at one of HHL's over 130 partner universities. Moreover, the program provides the participants with excellent networking opportunities with HHL's extensive alumni network.
You can choose whether you want to study the program in Leipzig, Cologne or Munich. Your weekend courses take place at the chosen study location whereas the four complementary residential weeks always take place at HHL's main campus in Leipzig.
Program EmphasisGeneral Management Essentials:
Business Management & Economics
Leadership & Reflection
Entrepreneurship & Disruption
General Management Deep Dives:
Financial Decision Making
Requirements / Application
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent business-related programs, e.g. Business Informatics, Business Psychology, Business Law, Economics, Industrial Engineering etc. (with a minimum of 210 ECTS, of which 40 – 60 credits in business-related subjects, applicants with less than 210 ECTS but at least 180 ECTS can acquire the missing credits by approved professional competencies)
- Min. of 3 months relevant practical experience
- HHL Entry Test (alternatively GMAT)
- Very good English skills e.g. TOEFL or IELTS (to be submitted by the start of the program at the latest)
Important DatesStart: September
- November 30: Early Bird 1 – Tuition fee: EUR 31,400
- January 31: Early Bird 2 – Tuition fee: EUR 32,900
- March 31: Early Bird 3 – Tuition fee: EUR 34,400
- June 30: final application deadline – Tuition fee: EUR 35,900
Tuition / Fees
Tuition fees for the part-time Master in Management program amount to EUR 35,900
whether you choose to complete the program in 24 or 30 months. We offer a tuition fee reduction if you submit your complete application by the following Early Bird deadlines*:
- Early Bird 1: November 30 – Discount: EUR 4,500
- Early Bird 2: January 31 – Discount: EUR 3,000
- Early Bird 3: March 31 – Discount: EUR 1,500
The tuition fee covers all of HHL’s teaching services, as well as course materials. Catering at study locations is provided. If selected, the optional term abroad at one of our partner universities is also included in this amount. Only accommodation and travel expenses are not covered.
*In order to receive the early bird discount, you must have submitted your application by the above deadlines, as well as submit all missing documents and tests (including GMAT/GRE or HHL Entry Test) and successfully pass the HHL admissions interview until January 31 (Early Bird 1), March 31 (Early Bird 2) or June 30 (Early Bird 3).
Possible scholarships HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Duration of study
Duration: 24-30 months | weekend structure & 4 residential weeks