Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, General Management, Innovation, Leadership
The ESMT Berlin MBA is a great way to accelerate or switch your career. Choice is at the heart of the MBA with multiple opportunities to tailor the program to meet your needs. In an intense 15 months, you will gain the skills and experience necessary to change your future in Europe or beyond.
The ESMT full-time MBA is a one-year, personalized program that starts in January each year. It has been designed to help you develop the skills and experiences you need to move ahead. You are at the heart of the program and will have many opportunities to tailor the program to meet your needs.
Your options include:
- Specialization tracks: Innovation and Entrepreneurship; Managerial Analytics
- Summer term: Industrial and Social Innovation Challenge; Internship; intensive German summer school
- Winter term: electives at ESMT focused on innovation, technology, analytics, sustainable business development, entrepreneurship, and global strategic management; International exchange
We believe that 50% of your experience is about learning from each other and our world-class faculty in the classroom, and 50% is integrative, personal development. Throughout the program, the MBA will challenge you to work in diverse teams, discover your drives and limits, and question conventional thinking.
In the ESMT MBA, personal mastery and leadership are woven into the program. The small class size ensures that you constantly reflect on your experience while receiving personalized constructive feedback, and honing your leadership skills. Running alongside the program are multiple opportunities for career development. A structured career curriculum helps you build your corporate and startup capital through networking and opportunities to immerse yourself in the local economy.
ESMT is accredited
by German, European, and US accrediting bodies (triple-accredited). This ensures a high-quality educational experience and a degree with a
solid reputation throughout the world.
ESMT currently holds rankings
in a number of publications, including appearances in the Financial Times, The Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek and Handelsblatt.
Requirements / Application
To apply to the program you will need to meet all of the following requirements:
- At least three years of consecutive postgraduate, professional experience
- An undergraduate, or first university, degree (bachelor)
- Strong GMAT or GRE scores (the average GMAT score is 640)
- To send your GMAT score to ESMT, search for ESMT by name
- GRE scores should be sent to 7768 - European Sch Mgmt Tech ESMT
- English proficiency test scores
- If English is your native language or you earned a university degree exclusively taught in English you do not need to take an English proficiency test.
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum), PTE score (64 minimum), IELTS score (7 minimum), or other English proficiency tests are accepted). ESMT Berlin accepts MyBest™ scores for the TOEFL iBT® test, in addition to TOEFL iBT scores from a single test date. The ESMT TOEFL institution code is 8707.
When evaluating your application, we look for a diverse group of professionals who share the school’s mission and who will succeed academically and professionally in the MBA program. Each detail of your application is considered and we specifically seek:
- Excellent analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- International outlook, intercultural competence, and a responsible approach to business
- Proven teamwork skills in stressful situations
- Leadership potential, especially for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others in a collegial environment
Important DatesStart date:
Tuition / FeesMBA tuition: € 49,500
This includes the cost of books, study materials and a Smart Certificate; it excludes travel costs for study trips or exchange. There is no change in fee for candidates fully funded by their companies.
Early application scholarships
: Completed online applications submitted in rounds 1-3 will receive a scholarship corresponding to the round in which the application is submitted.
- Round 1 - €6,000
- Round 2 - €3,000
- Round 3 - €1,000
ESMT’s MBA scholarships have been designed to help you make your international business career a reality. With more than 28 scholarships on offer, outstanding MBA applicants are welcome at ESMT Berlin.
Scholarships are allocated based on academic excellence, personal and professional achievement, leadership potential, and superior interpersonal skills. Only self-funded MBA candidates are eligible and all scholarship apply solely to tuition fees.
You will apply for a scholarship during your application to the MBA program
. There are two types of scholarships available:
- Automatic scholarships – you do nothing, these are awarded based on whether you meet certain criteria
- Application-driven scholarships – these scholarships require you to answer a specific question (see below). This is collected as part of your MBA application. You can apply for up to three application-driven scholarships but will only be awarded one.
Note that multiple automatic scholarships can be combined with only one application-driven scholarship.
Duration of study
15 months; full-time face-to-face
The Career Development Center will help you make the transition you want.
The ESMT Career Development Center partners with the ESMT network of alumni and companies and helps you with:
- Career development workshops during the year
- Recruitment support:
- On- and off-campus recruitment events
- Corporate visits on- and off campus
- Individual career counseling (including one-on-one coaching with experienced career coaches)