Master, Executive Education
Building on the expertise of the world's oldest business school, the Executive Master in Energy Management (EMEM) educates the next generation of leaders and pioneering thinkers in the energy sector through a unique style of business education across four European campuses: London, Paris, Berlin and Madrid.
Marketing & Recruitment Executive
The EMEM develops leadership practice immersed in real-world challenges within the energy sector, building upon a diverse community of ESCP Europe faculty experts and world-leading professionals.
At the ESCP Business School London campus, we are utilising the expertise of our networks to build your skills in the fundamentals of oil, gas and electricity markets, as well as energy trading. The Berlin campus focuses primarily on energy creativity and entrepreneurship, plus the technological innovations affecting both the supply and demand side of an energy system; while the Madrid campus concentrates on large energy project financing and dynamic grid management using fossil fuels and renewables for electricity generation and transmission. Lastly, the focus at the Paris campus is on different aspects of global energy policy and market dynamics, including energy price formation and risk management.
We live in an era where energy security, human-induced climate change and challenges to sustainability are becoming major factors in business thinking. We are also at the early dawn of a fundamental shift in our energy systems, one that also requires a turn in the way we do business. As such, the key aim of the EMEM is to provide you with first-class knowledge of actual and plausible changes in the nature of the business environment. Doing so means that, on completion of the programme, you will be able to influence the strategic direction of the businesses and organisations you will go on to lead, and to be able to formulate a worldview that incorporates these new imperatives.
You will also become part of our dynamic, global Alumni Association, boasting 45,000 graduates in more than 150 countries.
For those who are less advanced in their professional Energy career, we also offer a full time Master in Energy Management.
Requirements / Application
- Hold a Master degree. In certain exceptional cases, the selection committee will accept candidates who do not have this qualification but who do hold a high-level position within their company.
- Have a minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Be highly motivated, and demonstrate his/her abilities and determination to carry out educational projects alongside his/her professional life.
- Provide two reference letters (submitted via our online application system).
- Be fluent in English. For non-native English speakers, we require the following minimum scores: TOEFL: 100; IELTS: band 7. If you are a non-native English speaker who has previously studied or worked for more than two years in an English-speaking country, you are exempt from providing one of these. You will, however, have to be assessed by the selection committee during your admission interview.
Important DatesBegin your application
Tuition / Fees
For information about fees and tuition please visit our website
We offer scholarships for outstanding candidates. For more information, please click
Duration of study
The EMEM is a 12-month, part-time and international programme taught at ESCP Business Schools campuses in London, Paris, Berlin and Madrid. The programme is divided into four two-week modules and a final one-week module in New Delhi, India.