Business and Economics
Business Process Management (BPM) & Data Science
Teilzeit Studium, Vollzeit Studium
Dr. Bernd Schenk
Dr. Stefan Seidel
Do you want to pursue a career at the interface between business and IT? Do you want to engineer excellent business processes? Do you want to create IT-enabled innovations?
Join the Master’s degree programme in Information Systems at the University of Liechtenstein!
Enrolling in our programme means studying at one of the most active research groups in Europe. We offer
- specialization in Business Process Management (BPM) and Data Science (majors, to be chosen in the 3rd semester)
- a strong focus on process management,
- an interdisciplinary mix of IT-related and business-related topics,
- a tight integration between theory and practice,
- small study groups, and
- an excellent student-faculty ratio (nearly 5 to 1)
After gaining their Master of Science in Information Systems (MSc in Information Systems) our students have excellent career opportunities. Typically, they start working for international IT & management consultancies or industry and service companies (e.g., in financial services, telecommunications, logistics, manufacturing, or public administration).
The Master’s degree programme is arranged in a modular structure and characterized by challenging scientific courses and hands-on project work with practical relevance. Apart from the scientific focus, autonomous learning in project teams and supporting social competence lie at the core of the programme. The Master’s degree programme comprises four semesters of full-time study which correspond to 120 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer System).
During the week, the study period is usually set for Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., which supports you in both continuing your employment or entering challenging internships associated to the Master’s degree programme.
Voraussetzungen / Zulassung
The following minimum prerequisites must be fulfilled prior to admission:
- Completion of a relevant Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science as well as both Natural or Engineering Sciences with at least 180 ECTS credits.
- Performance above average in your former study programme. Applicants are evaluated based on their individual profile.
- English language proficiency on level B2, provided that English is not the native language.
- Basic knowledge in research methods.
Applications must be made online at www.uni.li/bewerbung
The application and all required documents have to be submitted before the end of the application deadline. If the application is submitted early then a university place can be secured prior to the end of the application deadline, provided that the admission has been given and the study fees have been paid.
We kindly ask applicants (citizens) from countries who require a visa to stay in Liechtenstein, to submit their application early because verification of degrees and certificates may take longer. Applications for visa and residence permits can only be submitted after admission has been granted to the university. Based on our experience embassies and offices issuing visas need generally several weeks to process applications.
Programme start: September
31st March – for non EU/EEA and Swiss citizens, who require a visa. Early application is recommended!
30th June – only for EU/EEA and Swiss citizens.
Kosten und Gebühren
CHF 850.- per semester (state-funded study programme)
Dauer des Studiums
4 semesters full-time study; max. 8 semesters
Our students have excellent career opportunities. The employability of our graduates lies at 100%. Our alumni work, for instance, at international IT & management consultancies or in leading industry and service companies.
Typical tasks of Information Systems professionals include mapping enterprise architectures, setting process goals, analyzing existing business processes, modeling processes, measuring and simulating process performance, designing improved or new processes, analyzing requirements for IT systems, ensuring process compliance, managing process change, and coaching and training of employees.
Exemplary positions and job areas for Information Systems professionals:
BPM project manager
- Business process owner
- Chief Process Officer (CPO) or Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Process and system analyst
- Business developer
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- IT project manager
- IT architect
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Quality management
- IT entrepreneur