Business Administration, Management
Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht (HWR) Berlin
Berlin Professional School
Badensche Str. 52
The study programme has a length of 15 months and is divided into three semesters: In the first semester (September-January) core courses are being taught, the second semester (February-June) contains advanced, specialization and elective courses. During both of the first two semesters seminars for the development of leadership skills are held as well as study visits and practical guest lectures. The third semester is reserved for the thesis which is performed as a company project. All modules together are worth a total of 90 credits points.
Coping with a Complex Environment
- Political Legal Environment and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Managerial Economics in International Business
Managing Core Processes
- Operations and Supply Chain Managemen
- Business Information Systems and Quantitative Methods
Managing Human Resources
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organizational Change and Leadership
Accounting and Managing Value
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
Managing Financial Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Applied Decision Making: European Business Simulation Game
Developing your Leadership Personlity
- Career Optimization (TMS)
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Presentation Techniques
- Team Building
- 1 Elective Seminar, i.e.: Negotiating across Cultures or Assertiveness
Specialization Module I
- International Management
- European Management Project - European Study Visit (Poland)
Specialization Module II
- Doing Business in Asia (Hong Kong) or Transatlantic Management Project or Specialization Elective
Specialization Elective Module I+II, e.g.
- International Finance
- International Marketing
- Consulting & Supply Chain Management
- Entrepreneurship and SME Management
- Problem Solving 2.0
- Research Methods & Master´s Thesis: Company Project
- Oral Defense
Voraussetzungen / Zulassung
If you are seeking entry to the MBA European Management programme you shall be required to meet the following prerequisites:
- Completed university degree in the field of economics or in another subject (university, FH or BA degree)
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience
- Very good knowledge of English (reference to TOEFL internet-based 103 points, IELTS 6,5 points)
Applicants who meet all of the admission requirements will be selected by the Academic Board and invited to an interview.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, due to the limited number of available study places (25) for each programme, we strongly suggest candidates to apply early.
Applicants from Non-European countries should consider the time necessary in having visa processed (appriox. 4-6 months).
Please note that only complete applications can be processed.
Kosten und Gebühren
A fee of 17,800 EUR is charged for the MBA degree awarded by the HWR Berlin (payable in three instalments). The fees cover:
- all study courses
- cost of registration, tuition, assessments and final examination
- study material (student reader, hand-outs, books)
- logistical support
- all administrative costs
Dauer des Studiums
This full-time MBA programme takes 15 months in total.
The programme begins in September and ends in November of the following year with the official graduation ceremony.
Students of this specialization have a variety of backgrounds: In the recent past one third of them had completed a bachelor´s degree in business adminstration and economics and two thirds in other areas, like natural sciences, engineering, IT or social sciences. Three quarters of the students are usually international, and the average length of work experience is above five years.