Master of Science
Digitale Medien, Innovationsmanagement, Management
Dr. Philip Wu
Royal Holloway, University of London
MSc Managing Digital Innovation (MDI) focuses on the knowledge and skills required to manage digital technologies in the development and delivery of business innovations. The programme will equip students with an in-depth understanding of how to integrate digital technologies such as mobile computing, enterprise systems, social media, and data analytics tools to innovate business practices. A key feature of the programme is the development of practical knowledge through industry connections and business case studies whilst providing a strong theoretical base on business management in the digital era.
This MSc is suitable for recent graduates seeking to boost their employability in a digital economy as well as professionals wanting to update their workplace knowledge and skills.
Why choose this course?
- The programme prepares graduates from any discipline for careers in a digital economy where the capacity to innovate and adapt is integral to employability.
- Opportunities to study cutting-edge topics such as Big Data, social media, digital economy, and global supply chain.
- Exposure to highly sought-after skills in financial data analysis, data visualisation, and enterprise systems (e.g. SAP).
- External contacts with leading academics and senior corporate managers through seminars and guest lectures.
- Opportunities of working on real business projects through corporate guest sponsorship.
Requirements / Application
UK upper Second Class Honours degree (2:1) or equivalent is desirable.
Applicants with an upper 2:2 or significant business experience will also be considered.
Those who have studied disciplines other than management or business should take the
`Foundations of Modern Management' unit during Induction Week to obtain the background knowledge required for this course.
English language requirements:
IELTS score of 6.5 with 6.5 in writing and a minimum of 6.0 in all other subscores required for non-native English speaking applicants.
Students from overseas should visit the International pages for information on the entry requirements from their country and further information on English language requirements. Royal Holloway offers a Pre-Master’s Diploma for International Students and English language pre-sessional courses, allowing students the opportunity to develop their study skills and English language before starting their postgraduate degree.
A successful applicant will usually have the following qualities:
- combine an enthusiasm for digital technologies and a passion for innovation, with an aspiration to work in challenging business enviroments.
- adapt to different cultural and working environments.
- demonstrate confidence, dedication, and actively engage in team work and other learning activities both in and outside the classroom.
Tuition / Fees
Home and EU students tuition fee per year 2017/18*: £10,050
Overseas students tuition fee per year 2017/18*: £17,000
Duration of study
Our graduates possess sought-after knowledge and skills for digital innovation and business consultancy. They are highly employable and may work as business analysts, consultants, or innovation managers for different industries. The programme also prepares those with entrepreneurial spirit to launch their own digital businesses.