Master, Master of Arts (M.A.)
Business & Management
MA Luxury Brand Management takes a strategic view of the dynamic characteristics and opportunities within the global luxury goods and services industry, providing you with the skills, knowledge and connections to lead and succeed in the competitive world of luxury brands.
The luxury industry has evolved rapidly over the last decade, with brands expanding and consolidating into mature and fast-developing markets.
Successful professionals in this field demonstrate the ability to operate in a highly complex global market. An innovative and creative approach with a strong cultural perspective is critical.
We combine academic study with the practicalities of management, with a particular focus on delivering exceptional experiences for consumers and gaining global competitive advantage.
Regent’s is the perfect place to study luxury. Our campus in royal Regent’s Park is set in 11 acres of private gardens, where many of the most famous luxury brands will be on your doorstep.
London is one of the world capitals for the luxury industry. Studying in the heart of the city is the ideal way to develop the advanced skills that are essential in managing top brands in an increasingly competitive environment, whilst exploring new cultural perspectives and developing the habits of innovation.
Regent’s has the most international student body in the UK. We specialise in nurturing the intercultural intelligence you need to succeed, and our mission is to develop tomorrow’s global leaders.
As you would expect from Regent’s, the programme is taught in small classes by highly qualified academics and experienced industry professionals. We cover luxury branding and management across the full value chain.
Read about the views of another of our MA Luxury Brand Management students, Valerie, as she discusses contemporary luxury and how the programme is preparing her for a career in the industry here.
This is a full-time programme, covering three terms. The programme is composed of modules, each of which carries a specific credit value. You will take eight core modules, plus two further modules of your choice.
You will be able to apply the knowledge and skills you develop on the programme through a final project which is either an academic dissertation or a live consultancy project for a client luxury brand. In both cases you will be able to develop a network of industry contacts that will be invaluable in your future career.Modules Terms 1 and 2
- Historical and Contemporary Perspectives in Luxury
- Luxury Brands and Creativity
- Luxury Marketing Management
- Research Methods
- Strategic Management of a Luxury Business
In addition, you will choose two of the following:
- Entrepreneurship and Luxury
- Law and the Luxury Environment
- Luxury Curation and Creation
- Luxury Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Luxury Goods
- Luxury Services
- Dissertation or Live Business Project or New Venture Start-Up Project
Requirements / ApplicationAcademic requirements
A minimum of a lower-second class (2:2) UK honours undergraduate degree or its international equivalent from a recognised institution. Other equivalent international qualifications as recommended by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre will be accepted. If you are unsure as to the comparability of your qualification, please contact us.Exceptional Entry
We also welcome applications from candidates who do not meet the essential entry criteria outlined above. In order to be accepted for exceptional entry, you must:
- Hold a minimum of two years’ managerial work experience
- Provide a 1000-word personal statement outlining your reasons for applying, and how your previous experience is of relevance to the programme you are applying for
- Be prepared to attend an interview with the Postgraduate Admissions Panel
Please contact us for further information on applying through this route: email@example.comEnglish requirements
For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, we require a recent pass in any of the following qualifications:
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, grade C
- GCSE/IGCSE English, grade C (for non-EU IGCSE students, please provide along with the IGCSE certificate, the Supplementary Certifying Statement with the breakdown of component grades)
- IB Diploma English A grade 5 or above HL or SL. English B grade 5 at HL
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with an overall score of 6.5 (for non-EU students: a minimum score of 5.5 in each component)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 90 (internet-based test) (TOEFL results not accepted post 17 April 2014 for non EU/UK students)
- Pearson Test (PTE Academic) with an average score of 58 (for non-EU Students: a minimum score of 51 in each component)
- Trinity College London Level 1 Certificate in ESOL Skills for life (B2): a pass in reading, listening, speaking, writing (applicable to non-EU and EU students)
- Trinity College London Level 2 Certificate in ESOL Skills for life (C1): a pass in reading, listening, speaking, writing (applicable to non-EU and EU students)
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English II (B2): a pass in reading, listening, speaking, writing (applicable to non-EU and EU students)
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive; for more information about other accepted English language qualifications, please contact us.
Students who require an international student visa to study in the UK and whose native language is not English, are also be required to meet specific grade requirements and conditions of study as stipulated by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). Please check their website for current information: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigrationOn-campus diagnostic test
If you live in London, or are able to visit us, we can offer you a free English diagnostic test.
This test is offered through Regent's Institute of Languages & Culture
and should be arranged in advance. Please note, this is a diagnostic test for Regent’s University London only.
Tuition / Fees
Tuition fees are set for the University’s financial year which runs from 1 August to 31 July. Annual fees for students commencing studies in spring will span financial years. Spring and autumn fees will be invoiced at the rate applicable for that term.Fees September 2017
Full tuition fee: £20,500
Home/EU advance deposit: £500 (non-refundable)
Non-EU advance deposit: £4,000 (non-refundable)
Possible scholarships Regent's University London
Duration of study
There are two entry points a year in January and September. If you begin your studies in September, it will take approximately 12 months to complete the programme. If you start in January, it will take approximately 16 months.
This programme has been designed to equip you with the knowledge, confidence and skills to pursue management roles in international luxury brand management, marketing, communications and retailing.
MA Luxury Brand Management alumni are working in a range of roles in advertising, PR, brand management, and marketing, in prestigious companies throughout the industry. Many have also started their own companies. Some of the companies our alumni are working at include:
- Anthony & Cie
- Ava Mirabelle
- Baume et Mercier
- Bell Pottinger Private
- Condé Nast, Vogue Magazine
- Devika Dass
- Estée Lauder
- Krystal by MS Design
- Lakme Lever
- Lioness Jewellery
- Lifestyle Estates International Corporation
- Maybourne Hotel Group
As a student on this programme you will have access to a wealth of CMI resources during your study, including Continued Professional Development (CPD) and access to dedicated job postings.