Bachelor, Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
Eventmanagement, Internationale Ausrichtung, Management
Regent's University London
This programme will equip you with essential knowledge and skills for all stages of the events management process, from conceptualising and planning projects, through venue selection, budgeting and marketing, to design, staging, and operations management.
The programme has four themes:
- Business and management
- Languages and culture
- Special studies
The international theme is underpinned by the optional study of a language and at least one term of study abroad. You will also complete 30 weeks of work experience.
Why should I choose this programme?
International events management is a fast-growing sector of the global marketing industry and managers need skills in handling people, projects and budgets, often across international boundaries.
This programme will equip you with the essential business and practical skills for a successful career in the international events industry.
You will learn to produce creative solutions under pressure and engage with specialists in planning and producing a wide range of events.
Key skills, aims and objectives
The ability to develop and deliver projects, managing people, processes and budgets
- An understanding of the role of the international events industry in modern-day commerce
- The ability to apply essential business knowledge in economics, finance, human resources and law to the organisation of events
- Strong communication, organisational and marketing abilities
- An appreciation of the strategic use of events by many different organisations
- A perspective on the future development of the industry, the key issues and challenges, and your role within it
You will study a number of core modules to build broad knowledge of business and the events management industry, on top of which you will choose from a broad selection of elective modules.
Some students may be required to complete a module in English language study.
The first year develops your understanding of the industry, followed by a focus on
different aspects of event management and their relation to consumers, organisations, cities and countries.
The programme culminates in a major international events management dissertation.
The programme has four themes:
- Event operations - You will explore the events management industry and the range of approaches to service operations and management
- Business and management - You will gain knowledge and understanding of the essential business functions of marketing, law, human resource management and finance
- Languages and culture - You will have the opportunity to build your international outlook through the study of other languages and cultures and a period of study abroad
- Special studies - A range of elective modules offers the opportunity to extend your main studies in greater depth or to explore more specialised topics related to your potential career destination
- Students starting from September 2013 will begin on Regent's University London validated degree programmes
- This degree is recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). In the final year of this programme, students are provided with access to CMI resources, and can apply for membership to the CMI on degree completion.
Requirements / Application
How to apply
- Students must have a minimum of three passes at GCE A-level at grade C or above, and five passes at GCSE/IGCSE level at grade C or above, including English and Maths. We also accept equivalent qualifications/
- For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, we require proof of English ability. This requirement may be waived if the last three years of the student's education were in English.
Applying to study at RUL is a quick and easy process. We accept direct applications, have no formal application deadlines and there is no application fee.
You can apply in the following ways:
- Apply online
- Apply directly to us using the application form available on our website
- Apply through UCAS at: www.ucas.com
You must also provide additional supporting documents.
For more information about entry requirements, application process, please refer to the BA (Hons) International Events Management programme page.
Regent’s operates a rolling admissions policy and accepts applications year-round. The BA (Hons) International Events Management begins in January and September.
Tuition / Fees
Fees September 2017
Annual tuition fee: £16,400
Home/EU students advance deposit: £500 (non-refundable)
Non-EU advance deposit: £4,000 (non-refundable)
* Fees for the Study Period Abroad Year is 50% of annual tuition fee.
Regent's offers a number of scholarships and bursaries to help with the cost of tuition fees. You can also apply for external loans, sponsorship, or other funding opportunities to help finance your studies.
Funding opportunities include:
Student Finance England
Loans and grants for a first degree for UK residents and EU nationals.
European Business School London International Scholarship
Two half-scholarships cover half the fees for one standard programme duration, and one full scholarship covers the full fees for a standard programme duration. Scholarships are awarded through a competition process.
Each year the University offers a number of means tested bursaries for full-time study on undergraduate programmes to UK nationals and residents.
Visit our scholarships, bursaries and funding page for further information.
- Regent’s currently has 4,500 students; 3,300 undergraduate and 1,200 postgraduate.
- 142 nationalities represented amongst students.
- 10,300 Regent’s alumni in 145 countries across the world.
- 15:1 ratio of students to academic staff.
- 160 partner institutions in 28 countries worldwide.
- More than 300 Regent’s students take part in exchange programmes each year.
- 9 different languages available to study in addition to English.
Duration of study
3.5 years, full time.
The multi-disciplinary nature, practical and international focus of this programme, along with its solid academic grounding will give you a crucial advantage in the eyes of future employers.
Our graduates have found a wide variety of work within the international events industry, creating and managing events in fashion, music and sport, as well as for high-profile retail and consumer brands.
Others have gone on to build careers in international hospitality, travel and tourism.
Other potential careers open to you include roles as account managers, marketing and PR managers and small business owners.
Our Careers & Business Relations team offers a wealth of information, advice and guidance to help you make the right decisions for your future:
Personalised careers guidance
- Career-coaching sessions
- Advice and support with starting your own business
- Employability skills workshops
- A series of employer and industry events throughout the year
Undergraduates are aged from 17-25, we currently have more than 90 different nationalities of student. All students gain significant work experience (minimum 36 weeks) within the degree. The linguistic skills of Regent's University London graduates make our degree programmes unique - 100% of our students will graduate speaking at least two languages fluently, and 70% are fluent in four or more!